Welcome to the iENGAGE Program!
Did you know that being able to control yourself is one of the most important things anyone can ever learn? People who are in charge of what they say, do and feel are happier, healthier and more successful in their work and relationships.
The ENGAGE program teaches parents simple games that they can play with their children to help them develop self-control.
We need your help to test how well this program works when it is delivered over the internet.
What does the iENGAGE study involve?
The iENGAGE program is a FREE and confidential 10-week program that you complete over the internet in your own time.
The program involves reading 6 comic-style lessons, lesson summaries and extra resources. The program also involves watching short videos that demonstrate the self-control games (there are 25 games in total).
Parents are encouraged to play the self-control games with their child for around 30 minutes every day and keep a note of how they are going.
Because this is a research study, we will be asking you to complete online questionnaires so that we can evaluate if the iENGAGE program is working well.
Can I apply?
Because this is a research trial, we have strict criteria for who we can and cannot include into the study. To participate you need to:
1. Be an Australian citizen over 25 years of age
2. Have a child aged 3 or 4 years old
3. Have your child attending Preschool or Day Care
4. Find your child’s behaviours difficult to manage (e.g., your child has trouble paying attention, tantrums, runs away from you, fights with others)
5. Be willing to provide us with your full name and email address so that we can contact you.
At this point in time, we will not be able to enrol you in the study if your child:
1. has been diagnosed with an autistic spectrum disorder or pervasive developmental disorder
2. has been diagnosed with a neurological disorder (e.g., epilepsy)
3. is taking regular medication for a chronic medical condition
How do I apply?
The first step involves completing some questionnaires to see if you will be able to enrol in the study. It is best to complete your application using a desktop PC or a laptop and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as the web browser.
If you are able to enrol in the study, we will email you a Participant Information Sheet. Please read it and follow the steps to provide your consent to participate.
After you consent, you can begin the iENGAGE program. Before each lesson of the program, we will be asking to you complete questionnaires so that we can see if the course is working properly.
If you have any questions before proceeding, please feel free to email us at: [email protected] or call us (during business hours AEDT) on: 02 8382 1400
Or click below to start your application right away!